FAQ | Frequently Asked Questions
Some users may experience problems when trying to upload a copy of their ID card to the Profile section. If this happens to you, please try the following:
- Instead of completing your Profile, please click on Application to start a new application.
- Go to the page Educational Background. Answer the first question about your last/current type of education.
- You will be asked to upload document regarding your educational background.
- Upload a document (for example, your transcript or diploma)
- Go back to the Profile page.
- You should now be able to upload your ID card. Afterwards, you can complete your application(s).
After you have submitted an application, it cannot be changed anymore. If you wish to change any details (for example, because you have selected the wrong school, made a typing error or uploaded the wrong document) please try the following:
- Cancel the application you wish to change.
- Click New application.
- Change the details you wish to correct.
- Submit your application.
You may check your application by logging into our NCAS system. The status of your application can be:
- Creating: You have not finished your application yet.
- Canceled: You have canceled your application and we will not continue the assessment.
- Submitted: We have received your application in good order and we will start the assessment as soon as possible.
- Processing: Your documents are correct and complete and we are assessing your application. This may take up to 4 weeks. In the winter and summer period, the procedure may take up to 8 weeks.
- Incomplete: One or more documents are not eligible/complete/acceptable. You have received an email about this. Please upload a clear scan of the document(s) as soon as possible to your digital application file.
- Accepted: The assessment of your English language proficiency and educational background is complete and your Nuffic Certificate has been issued to the Dutch higher education institution.
- Rejected: Your English language proficiency or educational background does not meet the requirements of the programme. You have received an email about this.
If you are still working on your application (status=Creating), you may use the delete button in the overview page. If you have already submitted the application, you can use the cancel button. As long as we have not finished the assessment, you can withdraw the application any time by clicking on the cancel button. Please note that we cannot change any details for you.
In this case, you may qualify for an exemption of the English test. Please request a waiver in the language background section. You are required to explain why you are applying for an exemption.
Does your Chinese ID card number contain the letter 'X' at the end? If yes, please try filling in a lower case 'x' instead of a capital 'X'.
If this is not the case, please send a copy of both your Chinese ID card and passport to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are currently studying outside of China in an English taught programme, you may qualify for an exemption of the English test. Please request a waiver in the language background section. You are required to explain why you are applying for an exemption.
If you are a PhD candidate, you do not need to apply for a Nuffic certificate as this certificate is only required for a student (not a visiting scholar) visa application. You need another kind of visa to enter the Netherlands.